28 June 2010

DC clean out

Well we left DC on Saturday and as we drove away, I cried. I don't think I ever really felt super sad the first time I left because I still had stuff there and I thought I'd be back. But on this trip I emptied out my storage unit, picked up my car and said goodbye. Mostly I will miss the people who became my close friends. Over the last seven years I had so many amazing experiences that made me who I am today and I will always love DC for that.

Here is a picture of the unit almost empty. I got rid of a ton of stuff and what we didn't ship is going to make it's way back across the country with us.

Thanks to Eric, Alisha, Genvieve and baby Emory for letting us stay at their place. And Mack and Lish, I will miss you forever. Can't wait for our girls' weekend.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me sad. It was the end of an era a while ago - but it keeps getting more and more final. YOU were a huge part of MY DC experience. That you're totally moved on now makes it feel like it's gone forever. I'm glad you have a new fun life, but quite often I miss the good ol' days. I hope you and Richie enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, please come back!

    Love, Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always welcome here. I'll be here, but I don't know about that crazy Mackie...

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete