24 June 2012

We're Getting Ready

It's been an eventful week in our little family.  Last Saturday was my baby shower and I had so much fun!  Richie's sister Jami threw a great party -- there was a lot of delicious food, and at my request, no games (hooray!).  It was nice to just relax with friends and family and I received some really cute gifts too.  I think a baby shower is one of the final steps in mentally preparing for the baby and it was great to talk with other moms about what to expect.
Richie's mom and three of his sisters came: from left, Kari, Diane, me, Jami and Andi.  
We also got to physically prepare this week as we had some medical excitement again with a little trip to the hospital.  I was in a lot of pain and the general consensus was that I probably passed a kidney stone.  I guess it was a good preview for what I'm about to experience in labor.  I now feel like if I can endure the passing of a kidney stone, I can probably survive the pains of labor.  We had a good dress rehearsal this week so we're ready.  Just 4 more weeks until my due date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment